This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertisers. All opinions are mine alone. #BackYourSnack #collective Bias.
One of the great benefits of being a food blogger is the chance to try different products. As a foodie, I love to make everything, well almost everything, from scratch. I forget that there are some really good products out there. There are certainly times, when I do not have time to start from scratch. So trying a ready to cook product is actually helpful and informative. Experience is the best teacher for cooking. Knowing how the food you are making will come out means you can make something that tastes really good and more fun to cook. Speaking of fun, this post highlights a Farm Rich contest going on – see details below.
I was not familiar with FarmRich products. So I walked into my Walmart after a night out with my wife. We had an early BBQ party to go to. So we looked up the store hours to make sure it would be open on our way home. We would be driving right by our normal Walmart store. How convenient. This Walmart store was open 24 hours. How perfect. We stopped on the way home to pick up our FarmRich product. When I went to the freezer section, I could not decide what product to choose. So I chose two. I chose the Jalapeno Poppers and the Mozzarella Sticks.
Before I get into my creation, know that you have the opportunity to win $10,000. That’s right, $10,000. Our blogger participation is to share that there is a contest going on right now by Farm Rich. It is the Farm Rich Back Your Snack contest. Check out this link to get the contest details. If you want to watch an in store demo on the product and are looking for ideas, here is a link to a list of in store demos with dates. This contest is easy to participate in and easy to come up with ideas. All you need to do is pick one Farm Rich product and one fresh product from Walmart. You cannot use more than six fresh products.
Both the products I chose are breaded and stuffed with cheese. yum. These appetizers are perfect for any Sunday dinner whether with family or with friends. The jalapeno poppers include …. – you guessed it – a jalapeno. They have a great crunch and a really nice kick. The mozzarella sticks are just what you expect. But they are so good. How is the breading just perfect, and then the cheese, so melty and gooey? I chose to pair these breaded mozzarella sticks with a red pepper dipping sauce. I found these perfectly red, firm and beautiful looking red peppers in the vegetable section. The fun part for me was to decide on and make the dipping sauce. Why stop at just one sauce? What sauce would you make?
To pull this recipe together, I grabbed my Farm Rich products in aisle 6 and half way down the freezer section.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp each Sea salt and ground black pepper
- ½ - 3/4 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp red pepper flake
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Put the gas burners on the stove top on high heat.
- Roast the red peppers on each side.
- Place in a plastic baggy for 20 minutes.
- Cook the Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks according to box instructions.
- Take the red peppers and remove and peel away the charred skin. Seed the pepper and take off the stems. Set aside.
- While the red peppers are roasting, heat a large skillet over medium.
- Add in 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add the red onions and sauté. Add the garlic after 3 minutes. Cook onions and garlic until softened – about 4-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer the onions and garlic to blender with the roasted peppers, coconut milk, red pepper flakes.
- Check for seasoning and add more salt, pepper, or red pepper flake, if needed.
- Once blended, place the sauce back in the skillet over medium heat to thicken. Add the parmesan. Continue to simmer on low heat until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with Mozzarella Sticks.
Red Pepper Sauce ingredients; then sautéd, blended and finished in a skillet with cheese.
The Mozzarella Sticks pre-bake and post bake.
The final dish plated.