Is there a better meal than breakfast to use leftovers? I don’t think so. What is your favorite meal to raid the fridge and pull together a potluck recipe? We love breakfast in our family. But who is ever up early enough as a family to eat breakfast together? Certainly not my family. My wife is out the door to swim and coach and my last teenager and twenty somethings are fast asleep (if they are home from school). So we often have breakfast for lunch or dinner and no one is complaining. This Goat cheese scrambled eggs pulled together leftover potatoes, red jalapeno and the aforementioned goat cheese.
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 cup skim milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 2 potatoes
- 1 red jalapeno, small dice
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 - 3 tbsp goat cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a skillet on medium heat
- Add the onions, potatoes and jalapeno and cook for 7 - 9 minutes - potatoes should be charred on edges
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the milk in a bowl (I used 2 egg whites and 1 with a yolk)
- Add another tbsp of the oil and let heat up.
- Pour the eggs into the pan. Let them set up before stirring.
- For the fluffiest eggs, pull towards the center as they begin to harden.
- Once the eggs are mostly set, add in the cheese and cook until melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
To make really fluffy eggs, use a mixer to combine them.
Begin the cooking in your skillet.
Serve and enjoy!