My wife and I were sitting on the couch watching an episode of the Pioneer Woman passing some time before we went out to dinner. We saw her making this soup that looked so good and easy, my wife said why don’t we make this now. We had all the ingredients we needed in the house. Literally, 40 minutes later we had a luxurious and comfort food creation. I know those concepts do not go together, but try this soup and you will see that they in fact do.
Corn & Cheese Soup:
- Dice 2 medium onions or 1 large onion and saute in 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add Pepper combination to your liking – we used 1/2 of a red pepper and 1/4 each orange and yellow peppers and saute for 2 – 3 minutes until softens
- Add 3 cups of corn (since it is winter here in Chicago, we used frozen) and saute for 2 – 3 minutes. Also add salt and pepper
- Add 1/4 cup of flour to make a roux
- Add 1 bottle of beer and 3 cups chicken broth (I still had smoked broth) and bring to a boil then turn down and let simmer
- Add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Finally, add 1 – 1&1/2 cup of cheeses – we used smoked gruyere, white velveeta and colby jack and cook until incorporated.