Don’t you love dishes that look beautiful and are really easy to create. This is one of those dishes. The only challenging part of the whole dish is getting the pastry puff at a good temperature to work with. This recipe was taken from Deb’s Test Kitchen found on RickBayless.com.
Mushroom & Goat Cheese Tarts:
- Cut 1 1/4 lb variety of exotic mushrooms into 1/4 pieces
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to saute pan add mushrooms and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and saute on high heat for 10 minutes until golden brown
- Lower heat to medium and add 3 large shallots and cook for 2 – 3 minutes
- Add 2 garlic cloves and continue cooking for 1 minute and then remove from heat
- In a separate bowl, mix together 8 oz softened goat cheese, 2 tbsp light cream, 1 tbsp chipotles in adobo sauce, 1/4 cup cilantro and 1/4 tsp salt
- Sprinkle flour on flat surface and layout puff pastry (My box had 2 sheets)
- Spread half the goat cheese mixture across pastry and cover with the mushrooms (note that since you will roll it from one corner that you want to make sure your spread and mushrooms fill to the 2 corners away from the direction you are rolling
- Roll tightly and place on baking pan covered with parchment paper and put in refridegerator for 2 hours
- Remove from fridge and cut in 2″ pieces and return to fridge for at least another hour
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 – 20 minutes – look for golden brown and serve.