Spaghetti Artichoke Pasta
You ask what is Spaghetti Artichoke Pasta? I don’t actually know but it was an idea that looked tasty, took advantage of ingredients I had in the fridge and was healthy. What is the most unique pasta you have ever thrown together? This is a light, yet flavorful dish. I love using peppers in almost anything. I don’t think it is a traditional Italian pasta ingredient but it adds great texture and a little bit of bite – not spicy but tangy. Each color pepper has a different flavor so you should try them to see what you like. I also love how they make the food so colorful.
I posted a few days back my Grilled Artichoke recipe. When I made the grilled artichokes, this Spaghetti Artichoke Pasta was what I had in mind for the ultimate use of the grilled artichokes. I think that they look really cool in this dish.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- ¼ each green, red & orange pepper, sliced
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 3 artichokes, halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp each oregano, salt & pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 yellow tomatoes, quartered
- In 6 quarts of boiling water, add salt and pasta and cook until al dente.
- Grill your artichokes as described in the earlier post (link above in post)
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp of the oil.
- When simmering, add the peppers and onions and cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the cooked pasta, the juice of 1 lemon, and 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix well.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Top with the artichokes and serve. Enjoy!
Cook the vegetables but keep them crisp.
Add in the cooked pasta, lemon juice, olive oil and top with the artichokes.
Spaghetti Artichoke Pasta plated.
Serve and enjoy!