Chicken salad sounds simple, so commonplace. It does not have to be. There are so many different ways one can go with chicken. I love this spin. I love curry. I have made chicken curry salad before but my growth and experience with cooking has made this recipe really shine.
This recipe begins with poaching the chicken. I believe this is the first time I have ever poached the chicken before making chicken salad. It is a great way to begin this recipe because the chicken becomes so tender. I have also learned to make this dish using fat-free Greek yogurt. The Greek yogurt gives the dressing great consistency and the flavor comes from the punch of the madras curry and the turmeric.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 yellow onion, halved
- 2 stalks celery, halved
- 1 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons madras curry powder
- 1 tablespoon, turmeric
- 2 celery stalk, diced
- 4 radishes, cut in matchsticks
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- In a pot, place the chicken, onion and celery and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for approximately 25 minutes.
- Let cool and set aside. Once cool, dice in big chunks.
- Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, olive oil, white wine, curry and turmeric and mix well. (when using yogurt, it is hard for the dressing to stay combined.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, radish, onion and top with the dressing. Mix well.
- Serve as you wish - in a sandwich or on red cabbage as I have done.
Chicken, Radish & Celery.