This Salmon Enchilada Pasta incorporated three of my favorite foods – salmon, enchilada sauce and pasta. This recipe is such a simple and great fusion concept. I like to do a lot of fusion. You know what the secret to fusion is? Put together ingredients you like. It is that simple. I love enchiladas as does my family. So I thought to myself, what would be a different base for the enchilada sauce. Pasta was the answer because it is so versatile.
My wife had purchased that big salmon you can buy at Costco. It is definitely too big for one meal. So how can I stretch the salmon for a couple of dinners? I love salmon on top of a salad and I love it in pasta. Normally, when it is served in pasta, it is served with a cream sauce. This enchilada sauce is a good way to get that creamy texture without all the fat. I used a little coconut milk to make the sauce even creamier.
- 1 lb Pasta
- 1.25 lbs of Salmon, cut into fillets
- 1 - 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 2 - 3 tablespoons Adobo Seasoning
- 1 - 2 tablespoons each Mexican Chili Powder, Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 cup of frozen Corn
- 12 - 14 oz Enchilada Sauce
- 1 Can small diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of Coconut Milk, divided
- 2 Avocados, diced
- Heat 4 - 6 quarts. Bring to a boil, season with salt and drop in the pasta. Check box for cooking instructions.
- Heat skillet on medium high heat. Add the oil and cook until shimmering.
- Season salmon fillets with the Adobo seasoning, Chili Powder and Salt & Pepper.
- Place in skillet and cook on each side for approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the onions and corn to skillet and cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes with green chilies and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Next, add in the enchilada sauce and coconut milk and mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Lower heat, add back in the salmon and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take the diced avocados and mash. Add in 2 tablespoons of coconut milk. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Dollop the avocado creme fraiche.
- Serve and enjoy!
Begin by seasoning the skillet with the salmon.
Remove the salmon fillets and add the Onions & Corn in Skillet.
Add the Tomatoes with Green Chilies.
Add the Enchilada Sauce and the Coconut Milk.
Pour the cooked pasta into the Sauce.
Add the salmon back into the Pasta mixture.
Serve and enjoy!