I have wanted for so long to make ice cream. So I went looking for a recipe by simply googling no churn ice cream. The recipe I found came from Free Range Cookies for this unbelievable tasting No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream.
This ice cream recipe is one of those recipes that proves you do not always need a lot of ingredients to develop great flavor. Now my readers know that I often take 1 – 2 days to make my recipes. I marinate and/or dry rub my meats. I make bread that sits at least all night long. So maybe if I do not tell you or anyone else, you will think that this must of taken a lot of time and sweat to make this no churn chocolate ice cream. I guess I need to change the name from no churn then.
The richness of the ice cream comes from the sour cream, coconut milk and sweetened condensed milk mixture. The deep, rich chocolate flavor comes from cocoa powder. So simple.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup espresso or strong coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- In a bowl, combine cocoa powder and sugar.
- Make a cup of rich coffee. Add to the cocoa and sugar and stir.
- Stir in vanilla .
- Next, combine the chocolate mixture with sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, and
- coconut milk. Whisk to blend thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a container and chill for a few hours before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Take out of the freezer 10 - 15 minutes before serving for the best consistency.