This decadent recipe is the step child of my daughter. We ultimately combined my sister-in-laws famous chocolate chip cookie recipe with this recipe we saw from the Collegiate Baker. How do you make your dessert recipes even more amazing? Combine concepts in one to create an amalgamation, or simply, 2 recipes in one.
I’ll bet you are as glad as I am that my daughter is home from College. What great sweet offerings are being presented on this blog now.
Ingredients & Recipe (adaptaed partially, from the Collegiate Baker):
Cookie dough(Leslie’s Cookie recipe):
- 2 sticks of butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
One batch of your favorite Cake mix. Follow the instructions on the box.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and line two cupcake trays with paper liners.
2. Prepare cake mix according to directions for whichever recipe you’re using.
3. Fill paper liners about 1/2 – 2/3 full of batter.
4. Bake as instructed. Let Cool. Once cool, use a tool (don’t know what you call it) and take out the center of the cupcake.
5. Remove the tray of cookie dough from the refrigerator and into cigar like shapes. Drop it into the hole.
Cookie dough frosting:
1 cup butter (two sticks), room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 cup powdered sugar
3-4 tsp milk
Chocolate chips (for decoration)
1. Cream butter in medium-sized bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer on medium-high speed until light and creamy.
2. Add vanilla and two tablespoons of milk. Mix well.
3. Add the flour and mix on low speed until mostly combined. Then bump up the speed to medium-high and mix well.
4. At this point, if the frosting is too thick, add two more tablespoons of milk.
5. Add one cup of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until mostly combined. Then mix on medium-high speed until fully incorporated. Mix for one more minute.
6. If the frosting is too thin, add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until the desired consistency is reached. But if the frosting is too thick, add milk one table spoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
7. Spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Top with one chocolate chip on each cupcake. Enjoy!