I saw a picture of this appetizer on Pinterest I believe. It looked so good and the picture was really cool. So I wanted to try it. I didn’t find the recipe but how difficult could it be. Grill some zucchini slices and roll up some cheese in them.
I chose to use Rondelle garlic & herb cheese as my filling. The one suggestion I would make is to cook the zucchini on as high a temperature as possible. You just want to get the grill marks yet keep the zucchini with a little firmness.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup Rondelle garlic and herb cheese
- Slice zucchini lengthwise using a mandolin.
- Heat a skillet with the oil on medium high and grill each side of the zucchini about 2 minutes per side.
Move to a rack and allow to cool.
- Once zucchini has cooled, place 1 strip on a clean surface and place a hunk of the cheese at one end. I used a tbsp and filled it about half way to get a circular shape. Roll up as you would a California roll.
- Lay it on a second plate on it’s side or standing up and place a toothpick through the center (from the side) to keep it firmly together.
- Repeat with remaining zucchini strips and serve. Enjoy!