Yellow Curry Pasta
This Yellow Curry Pasta recipe is such a tasty dish. This is a perfect recipe for a weeknight meal when you want a 15 minute meal. I am not sure but maybe I am done with my yellow curry paste. The recipes just keep coming. The sauce is so good that I love that I have a ton to use. If you go back to the original recipe, you will find that it is really pretty easy to make. Throw some herbs and spices into your blender or Cuisinart and you are done. I am getting ready to start experimenting with other mixes for the fun of it. The concept of these pastes are so great because the flavor is so good and it is easy to make extra and that makes putting future meals together a breeze.
I love creating fusion with pasta. Noodles are such a great base for receiving whatever flavor you want to add. In this case, the sauce has such a good texture that the noodles make this Yellow Curry Pasta a wonderful recipe and dish. One can add almost any items that you like to the noodles and sauce. I had leftover baked chicken and some grape tomatoes. These ingredients provided substance and color to this dish.
In this recipe, I followed the traditional cooking method of adding the curry paste to a little bit of oil. It gets cooked for a couple of minutes to let the flavors come out. Next, I added my favorite ingredient – coconut milk. It makes the curry sauce so creamy. But this time I got carried away by adding fat-free Greek yogurt to the sauce. This addition is a low fat way to thicken the sauce. Bottom line is that this curry paste is super flexible and this Yellow Curry Pasta is a keeper.
The building of the sauce with the curry paste, the fat-free Greek yogurt and the coconut milk added.
The chicken, tomatoes and then, the noodles added.
The Yellow Curry Pasta mixed together in the skillet, and then, plated.
- 1 pound Fettuccini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow curry paste
- 1/2 - 1 cup of fat-free Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces Coconut milk
- 1 chicken breast. baked and cubed
- 1 pint yellow and red grape tomatoes
- Make the pasta according to the box instructions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat with the oil.
- Add the paste and cook for 2 minutes. Mix well.
- Add the yogurt and mix well cooking for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Next, add in the coconut milk and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss the noodles in the skillet and cook for 2 minutes mixing well.
- Serve and enjoy!