Do you ever go to your freezer to see stuff that you have had frozen for a little while? I do all the time. My wife is constantly going to the freezer and pulling stuff out and saying we got to use this. It creates a lot of pressure on me. She isn’t saying please make something with this leftover. She is saying I want this out of my freezer. I don’t mean that too sound harsh. She is just saying that you have so many leftovers. Do you fellow bloggers know what I am talking about.
Well in this case, I had a whole bunch of yellow curry sauce in my freezer. When she pulled the sauce out, I had to come up with some ideas to use it. The sauce is so good it would go good on the “proverbial shoe” as they say. Now, I love mashed potatoes. Who doesn’t or what guy out there does not love mashed potatoes. I remember as a kid that mashed potatoes were such a treat. Now that I cook all the time I love to make them. I have wavered between making them with butter and milk or with cream cheese as The Pioneer Woman does? Both styles are really good.
What is so interesting about this recipe is that potatoes hold up well to so many flavors. Adding this yellow curry to these mashed potatoes was such a good idea. The potatoes are creamy and the yellow curry adds such good spice. I paired these Yellow Curry Mashed Potatoes with another spin of Chicken Curry Milanese. I took a traditional Italian meal and put a very Indian spin on it. Bottom line is it was really good.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup fat-free half & half
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 - 3 tablespoons yellow curry sauce
- Peel potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes in 6 quarts of water until fork tender. Let cool a little.
- Place in the bowl of your stand mixer and mix until mashed.
- Add the butter and half & half until combined. The potatoes should be smooth.
- In a skillet, add the coconut milk and the yellow curry sauce. Mix until combined.
- Add to the mashed potatoes and mix until combined.
- Serve and enjoy!