Do you want to make weeknight dinners easier? Make a sauce that you can use over and over. Be sure that you like the sauce but the time savings and your satisfaction with the taste of your meals are so worth it. I have shared the original Yellow Curry Recipe that is the base of this recipe and was the base of my Yellow Curry Mashed Potatoes and my Chicken Curry. Do you know I love curry? I hope you do. This base has so much flavor and can be used in so many different ways. My final dish is a vegetarian recipe of Yellow Curry Lentils that will satisfy all palates.
Lentils are good for you and you won’t even know it. Lentils are a great source of protein, heart healthy and good for your digestion. I love working with lentils. I love their consistency. They are probably my favorite vegetarian ingredient. Lentils are hearty and pick up the spices that you use really well. Unlike most proteins, they have very little flavor and do not take over your spices.
I really like the color of the red lentils. Lentils come in brown, green and red. The brown lentils are the most common and have the least affect on your recipe. They are very sturdy. The green lentils have the strongest flavor and require the most amount of cooking time. The red lentils are the sweetest and most frequently used in Indian cooking as I have with my Yellow Curry Lentils.
- 2 cups red lentils
- 13.5 ounce can of Lite Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Yellow Curry Sauce
- Rinse the lentils well running water over them in a colander.
- Place the lentils in 3 quarts of water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- Drain the lentils.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, pour in the coconut milk and the yellow curry sauce.
- Blend in the skillet on low heat.
- Finish the dish by pouring the lentils into the curry sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
- Do not overcook the lentils because they will turn to mush.
The yellow curry sauce is mixed with coconut milk to make the sauce for the red lentils.
The final plated Yellow Curry Lentils.