- The beauty of having my daughter home from college (besides having her with us) is that I get her in the kitchen with me and every once in a while, I get to share her creations as I am doing with this recipe. She follows Foodgawker and looks for things she likes and wants to make herself. I do not know for sure that she did this in this case.
- Mix together 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 2/3 cup of cocoa powder, 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, 4 tbsp warm room temperature butter, 4 tbsp shortening, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 room temperature egg, 2 tsp vanilla and 1 cup room temperature milk
- Form into cookies and cook in a 350 degree oven for 10 – 12 minutes
- Remove to a cooling rack
- Mix together 2 sticks of room temperature butter, 3/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/3 cup of sugar, 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of confectioners sugar, 1/3 cup each skim milk and 1/2 & 1/2 and finish by adding 1 cup of mini chocolate chips and chill in the refrigerator
- Take cookie and spread a generous amount of the filling on top and cover with another cookie
We put our finished product in the freezer and when we are ready to eat them, take them out just a little ahead of time.