Friday night was Indian night for dinner. Any real fans of Indian food will know you don’t pair curried vegetables with tandoori salmon. But why not eat what you enjoy and the flavors of India are so good. Now Indian dishes can take a long time to prepare but there are some big shortcuts one can take to capture the essence of the wonderful flavors. I did that with this dish by simply combining curry and turmeric with coconut milk.
The curry spiced coconut mix is prepared while the vegetables get a little grill on them. The curry sauce is added for the last 10 minutes of cooking to soften the vegetables and to add the richness of the flavors.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium high heat and add 2 red chilis and cook for 2 minutes
- Next add 1/2 of a sliced onion and cook for 5 minutes
- Continue by adding 2 crowns of broccoli and 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets and cook for 3 – 4 minutes
- Pour 2 13.5 oz cans of coconut milk into a mixing bowl
- Add 5 tbsp of curry powder and 2 tbsp of turmeric and mix well
- Pour the curry mixture over the veggies and simmer for 10 minutes