A great sandwich has to have great ingredients but the star needs to be the bread. Nice firm foccacia and then filled with turkey, smoked provolone and red leaf lettuce melted in the oven before serving. Yum!
Turkey & Smoked Provolone on Foccacia:
- See post on Foccacia for the bread. On one piece spread a light layer of sweet & spicy mustard – pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Lay 5 pieces of deli sliced oven roasted turkey
- Next add a few roasted red peppers
- Top with 4 slices of smoked provolone
- Put in oven and cook for 3 – 4 minutes (until the cheese just starts to melt)
- Remove from oven and put on 1 piece of red leaf lettuce and go!