A friend suggested a related spice but this is what I found at the store. I had apricots that were on there last leg. Put chicken cubes, apricots and onions on a kabob and grill them..
Tamarind glazed Chicken & Apricot Kabobs:
- Soak wood skewers in water and cube chicken, cut onions in pieces and halve apricots
- Spice chicken with 2 tbsp each salt, pepper and Lawry’s season salt
- Put on skewers alternating chicken, onions and apricots
- In a bowl, pour 4 oz of tamarind sauce with 2 tbsp of olive oil and mix well
- Place on a grill on low heat, brush the tamarind sauce on each side and flip a few times
- Cook for about 10 minutes and let rest for 2 minutes before serving.