The design of this meal was the sweet potato puree, and then, pairing it with a nice meat dish leaving the sweet potatoes as the star. To add a little zing to the sweet potatoes, I added ancho chili and then complemented the spice with some honey.
Sweet Potato Puree:
- Skin 4 sweet potatoes and cut in to cubes with 1/2 of a large sweet onion and 4 carrots
- Heat dutch oven on medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil; when the oil is bubbling, add the diced vegetables and cook for 10 minutes stirring every few minutes
- Next add approximately 2 cups of chicken broth and cook vegetables until they are fork tender – about 30 minutes
- Drain the vegetables in a colander
- Pour vegetables in batches in to a food processor and mix until pureed
- Pour back into the dutch oven and mix in 1 tbsp ancho chili powder and 1/4 cup honey; stir well and serve