I had a bag of sweet peppers and that would not last much longer. Answer: Put them in a pot with chicken stock, onions, a few spices and finish it off with a small amount of condensed milk. Result: a very comforting, tasty and easy to make soup. Resourceful!
Sweet Pepper Soup:
- Take a bag of sweet peppers and cut off the tops
- Put in to a stock pot with 1 cup of chicken stock and add 2 slices of a diced yellow onion; bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes
- When the pot is reduced to a simmer add the spices including 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp each black pepper and turmeric
- Now that the peppers are soft, grab your immersion blender and puree the mixture
- Finish by adding 1/4 – 1/2 cup of condensed milk and cook for 2 minutes
- Serve with a dollop of plain yogurt.