You want to know how to become an accomplished cook? Repeat dishes. Well, I love food too much and want to try so many different recipes that I don’t often repeat a dish. So how about repeating a technique and changing the flavor. I recently made a Sriracha Crispy Skin Chicken. It was awesome. I loved the crispy skin and the Sriracha sauce was amazing. So how about putting a Korean spin on it? Use the same cooking technique to recreate the crispy skin but change it up by crossing the globe to come up with this Sweet Chili Chicken.
This dish is pretty darn easy to put together. This is a recipe to impress your friends and tell them it took hours to make. All you need is 12 minutes to crisp up the skin. Then, add the sauce and let it bake off. Now, that was easy. Yes it was. Please do not tell anyone. After you try this recipe, you will want to make this for friends. After they tell you how good it is, don’t share the recipe. Tell them it is so complicated that they will not have the patience to make it. Is this negative vibe working? I didn’t think so. You are saying “this is so unlike you.” How could this be coming from Feed Your Soul Too.
OK. Busted. I guess I am willing to share this Sweet Chili Chicken since I am posting it. Just salt and pepper the chicken. Get your oil good and hot in a skillet. Cook the chicken skin side down until good and crisp. Pour and brush on the sweet chili sauce and finish cooking in the oven. This dish is that simple.
- 8 chicken thighs skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Sweet Chili Sauce (estimate - put in as much as you want)
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges for plating
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a cast iron skillet on high heat.
- Heat to the smoking point but not smoking.
- Arrange chicken thighs skin side down.
- Cook for 2 minutes and reduce heat to medium high.
- Cook for another 12 minutes.
- Finish Cooking
- Transfer chicken to a bowl and coat well with the sweet chili sauce. Let sit for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to cast iron skillet skin side up and cook for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Brush the marinade on the chicken one more time.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let rest for a few minutes and garnish with the lemons and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!