As I still learn the art of cooking, it is rewarding when I can create more elegance and taste to a meal in very little time. Tonight we had NY Sirloins. Simple preparation of a prepared Milwaukee spice rubbed steaks (Evanston Spice House) served with a Brandy Mustard Sauce – and you don’t need butter or cream to create a flavorful sauce.
Steaks and Brandy Mustard Sauce:
- Generously rub steaks and add to very hot iron skillet (use grapeseed oil to maintain the natural flavor of steak and avoid outside influence of the oil)
- Cook 3 minutes per side to form a good sear and char (I topped each steak with less than a 1/2 tbsp of butter
- Add 1/3 sliced of yellow onion to skillet during cooking
- Finish off in oven another 3 – 4 minutes (time will vary based on thickness of steak)
- Remove from oven and let steaks rest on a plate
- Cover the bottom of the pan with Brandy and reduce by half
- Add 1/4 cup chicken stock and 2 – 3 tbsp dijon mustard and cook to desired consistency. Pour over steaks and enjoy!