In the context of eating healthier, this seared tuna on a bed of greens is a hearty, tasty and healthy meal and it looks beautiful. Don’t you agree. It is also really easy to prepare. I think the whole preparation and cooking took 15 – 20 minutes. I barely had time to pour myself a glass of wine while I made the dish. The only seasoning on the tuna is a Ginger Szechwan Seasoned Salt I bought at the grocery store. Try this seared tuna on a Bed of Greens and your friends will think you have gone to culinary school. I might be exaggerating a little but you get the idea.
- 1.5 lbs of tuna
- 2 - 3 tbsp of Ginger Szechwan Seasoned Salt
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 red pepper diced
- Ginger soy dressing
- Turn your oven on to 400 degrees
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray and cover with the oil and salt; bake for 20 minutes
- Pat the tuna dry and apply the Ginger Szechwan Seasoned Salt on the edges
- Turn the grill on to medium high and cook the tuna for approximately 2 minutes per side and let rest for a few minutes
- Prepare the salad by chopping the lettuce, dicing the peppers and slicing the radishes
- To assemble the salad, toss the lettuce with the radishes and the peppers; center on a plate, take slices of the tuna and fan on top of the lettuce. Finish by topping with a handful of the roasted tomatoes. Serve and enjoy!
Serve and Enjoy!