Here is a fairly simple but good looking appetizer sure to please your guests. I am learning to use won ton wrappers in a number of different ways. The won ton wrapper is quite flexible. To create these cups all you need to do is place them in a muffin cup and spray them with non-stick spray. I doubled the won ton cups to get a sturdier cup for holding the salmon.
These Salmon won ton cups get the flavor from the spice in the salmon, the pickling of the onions and the sweetness of the avocado. So simple but so flavorful.
- 1 lb salmon
- 2 - 3 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 avocado diced
- 30 won ton cups
- Combine the red wine vinegar, oil and honey in a bowl.
- Place the red onions in the bowl for 30 minutes
- Double up the won ton cups and place in a muffin tin
- Spray with non-stick vegetable oil
- Cook in a 325 degree oven for 6 - 8 minutes (until nicely browned)
- Season the salmon
- Cook on your outdoor grill 4 - 5 minutes per side
- Let cool slightly and break apart with your hands
- Slice the avocado
- Assemble the won ton cups by adding the salmon, a piece of avocado and a couple of red onions.
- Serve and enjoy
Bake the won tons for 6 – 8 minutes.
Season the salmon.