I pulled this recipe from my following Pinterest and I followed my re-pin to Mel’s Kitchen. Making bread is truly easy. Everyone that cooks should learn to make bread. It is so much better than buying in the store and there is nothing like a taste of the bread as soon as it comes out of the oven. I also have to say some recipes are so simple and taste so good that is a bit embarrassing to publish it.
Rustic Crusty Bread:
- Combine 1 & 1/2 tsp instant yeast, 1 tbsp salt and 3 cups of lukewarm water; mix well
- Add 6 & 1/2 cups of unbleached flour mix well making sure there are no dry patches
- Cover with towel, put in dark spot and let the dough rise for 2 – 5 hours.
- Once the dough has risen, take a serrated knife and cut dough into 2 equal size balls and put on parchment on top of baking trays turned upside down; let sit for another 40 minutes
- Turn oven onto 450 degrees and move stone to middle rack; dust flour on the top of the dough and take the serrated knife and slash the top 3 times
- Slide dough and parchment onto stone and cook for 24 – 28 minutes (keep an eye on it – you want good browning but not too much)