So there are all these DIETS and HEALTHY FADS out there. Many of them are need based. All of us food bloggers know many bloggers or friends that have these real life issues and have adapted their eating to live a healthier and more comfortable lifestyle. What these needs have done for a lot of us is expose us to their needs and to ways we can eat healthier. Riced Cauliflower is an example of a gluten free and low carb diet. I added green lentils to my version to add color and additional health benefits.
Just because it is healthy does not mean it is not super tasty. This recipe does not have to be a substitute for rice. This Green Lentil Riced Cauliflower stands on its own. My recipe including the green lentils could easily be a meal in and of itself. If I did not add the lentils, this dish could be ready in a little more than 5 minutes.
All that is required is to trim the stalks of the cauliflower. Then, the florets are pulsed in a food processor. Take the pulsed cauliflower – the rice, and put it in a sauté pan with a little oil. Add some spices to give it flavor and there you have it. How easy it that? I created my version to serve as the base for my Skillet Salmon with tomatoes. My meal was delicious, light and visually very appealing.
The cauliflower florets in the food processor.
The rice added to the sauté pan and the green lentils added.
The cauliflower rice plated.
- 1 head of cauliflower, stems cut off
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cardamon
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Drop in the green lentils and cook until tender. Set aside.
- Cut off the stems of the cauliflower and pulse the florets in your food processor until rice is formed. It will only take 4 or 5 pulses.
- Add the oil to a skillet and warm over medium high heat.
- Add the Riced Cauliflower and add the spices. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes until warmed through.
- Add in the cooked lentils and cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve and enjoy!