This raspberry parfait is another example of watching the Food Network while working out and just kind of guessing on the amount of the ingredients. This time, it was not hard to know what ingredients to use. I am fairly sure I saw Giada make this recipe but I could not find the exact recipe when I googled it. The base of the dessert is marscapone mixed with jam. As I often do with my posts, I ask myself questions that I did not know the answer too and think that you might like to know the answer as well. What I learned about the differences of jelly, jam and preserves is quite interesting. Jelly is made from fruit juice; jam is made from the fruit pulp or crushed fruit and preserves are made from chunks in a syrup or a jam.
This raspberry parfait is one of those recipes that does not need to be complicated to be good. When good ingredients are used, you just do not have to do too much. The richness of this dish comes from the marscapone. The sweetness comes from the jam. The lightness of the dish comes from the whipped cream.
- 1 cup raspberries
- 8 ounces of Marscapone
- 8 ounces of whipping cream
- 6 ounces raspberry jam
- 1 - 2 tbsp of confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a cuisinart, mix the marscapone and jam
- In a stand mixer, beat the whipping cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold the whipped cream into the marscapone jam mixture. Do not overmix.
- Plate in a pretty glass and top with raspberries.
- Serve and enjoy!
Marscapone and jam pre-mix.
Marscapone and Jam mixed.
Marscapone, jam mixture with the whipped cream ready to be folded in.