Many of my posts have been telling you that I owed that particular post to my daughter. If ever there were a post I should credit to my daughter it would be pesto pasta. She loves pesto and would eat this recipe all day long. Guess what? She is off at college and I decided I would make pesto and make a pesto pasta. Sorry Molly. Challenge for me is that I did not think I like pesto. I loved it.
This pesto pasta is 4 ingredients if you buy store bought pesto. I made my pesto and it has 5 ingredients (I don’t like pine nuts so I do not add them to the recipe). So my ingredients were the pasta, pesto, can of tomatoes with green chilies and noodles. How easy it that? Result is that I absolutely loved it. So fresh or as the say on the cooking shows, herbaceous. Can’t wait for Molly to come home so we can have this together.
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 - 14 oz can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups of basil
- 4 -5 garlic cloves (use less if you do not like garlic)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Place the pasta into 4 - 5 quarts of boiling water and cook for 6 - 8 minutes. Until al dente as they say.
- Drain and place into a big bowl.
- Pour the pesto (see previous recipe link for directions) and can of tomatoes with green chilies on to the pasta and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serve and enjoy!