I have written recently how I have seen no churn ice cream and I have to try it. Well I have and this No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream is so easy to make and so good. If you like ice cream and you thought you needed an ice cream maker to make it, think again. No churn ice creams can be made with as little as 3 ingredients. This chocolate version has only 5 ingredients. All you need to do to serve the ice cream is take it out of the freezer 5 – 10 minutes before serving and it will be perfectly creamy.
I am participating this week in #CHOCTOBERFEST. A group of bloggers combining to bring to you delicious chocolate recipes and to expose you to other food bloggers creating great recipes for you to try. You ask why October for a chocolate month? I say why not! Any month, any day is a good time for chocolate. There are so many different forms of chocolate and so many different ways to use it and enjoy it. This recipe uses cocoa for the infusion of chocolate. COCOA comes from the cocoa bean. Cocoa is extracted from the dried and fully fermented fatty cocoa seed.
Now back to how easy this no churn ice cream is to put together. Whisk together cocoa, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Take heavy whipping cream in a mixer and beat until pretty firm peaks are formed. Fold the cream into the cocoa mixture in a couple of batches. Place into a chilled loaf pan or other container. Place in the freezer and you are done. THAT WAS EASY!
Combining the no churn ingredients including the whipped cream.
The No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream being scooped.
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch fine salt
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- Whisk together the condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.
- The mixture will be thick; set aside.
- Whip the cream with a mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Fold 1/2 of the whipped cream into the cocoa mixture with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Fold the remaining whipped cream into the mixture combine well.
- Pour into a chilled 9-by-5-by-3-inch metal loaf pan, and freeze for about 2 hours.
- Take out 5 - 10 minutes before serving.
Today is one of my favorite days of the year… because it is the first day of #Choctoberfest 2016!
#Choctoberfest is a virtual event put together by The PinterTest Kitchen. Bloggers from around the world will be posting their favorite chocolate recipes, and you’ll get a chance to win some awesome prizes. What’s not to love?
Thank you to the sponsors who make #Choctoberfest possible! This year, Imperial Sugar is back as our Gold Sponsor. They have been a trusted name in kitchens since 1843, and their website is home to thousands of sweet recipes tested in the Imperial Sugar Kitchen. You can find Imperial Sugar on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube, or join their Sweet Community so you can share your own recipes, save recipes to a virtual inbox, print Imperial Sugar coupons, and connect with other sugar lovers.
Imperial Sugar and our silver sponsors have banded together to offer a huge #Choctoberfest prize pack, which you can enter to win below! One lucky winner will be chosen at random to receive the following:
- From our Gold Sponsor Imperial Sugar: 1 case of granulated sugar (40 pounds), 1 case of brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of dark brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of powdered sugar (24 pounds bags), and an Imperial Sugar red ruffle apron
- From our Silver Sponsor Nature Nate’s: 32 oz. Raw & Unfiltered Honey bottle, Honey Syrup, Honey Packets, a Nature Nate’s T-shirt, various kitchen supplies, and $50 Amazon gift card
- From our Silver Sponsor Barlean’s:16 oz Barlean’s Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, 9.52 oz canister of Chocolate Silk Greens, and 8oz bottle of Essential Women Omega-Swirl Chocolate Mint
- From our Silver Sponsor Caveman Coffee: 1 Bag of Coffee (you choice of blacklisted or sabertooth), 1 coconut MCT oil, and 1 Cacao Butter
- From #Choctoberfest blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen: 1 specialty chocolate gift pack (your choice of dark or milk chocolate), 1 tin (14 ounces) drinking chocolate, and Divine’s Fair Trade Gift Set
Enter now to win our #Choctoberfest 2016 prize pack! We’ll be picking a winner at random winner on Saturday, Oct. 22, so enter by next Friday to make sure your name is in the drawing:
Here’s a list of all of the bloggers participating in #Choctoberfest 2016. Visit any of their blogs to get delicious chocolate recipes throughout the week:
The PinterTest Kitchen • 2 Cookin’ Mamas • A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures • addicted 2 recipes • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • An Affair From The Heart • Balancing Motherhood • Body Rebooted • Bottom Left of the Mitten • By the Pounds • Canning and Cooking at Home • Coconut & Lime • Cook with 5 Kids • Cook’s Hideout • Cookaholic Wife • Cooking with Carlee • CopyKat Recipes • Cricket’s Confections • Crumbs in my Mustachio • Elisabeth Jean • Fairyburger • Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice • Family Around the Table • Fantastical Sharing of Recipes • Feed Your Soul Too • Feeding Big • Frankly Entertaining • Full Belly Sisters • Get the Good Stuff • Grumpy’s Honeybunch • Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks • Hostess At Heart • Ink and Sugar • Jane’s Adventures in Dinner • Join Us, Pull Up a Chair • Karen’s Kitchen Adventures • Kate’s Recipe Box • Kudos Kitchen by Renee • Kylee Cooks • Letz Eat • Life Currents • Life on Food • Making Miracles • Monica’s Table • Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog • My Catholic Kitchen • My Gluten Free Miami • Our Good Life • Palatable Pastime • Restless Chipotle • Seduction in The Kitchen • Sew You Think You Can Cook • Simple Food 365 • Southern With A Twist • Sumptuous Spoonfuls • Take Two Tapas • Tampa Cake Girl • Teaspoon of Goodness • That Recipe • The Crumby Cupcake • The Flavourista • The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine • The Freshman Cook • The Pajama Chef • The Redhead Baker • The Spiffy Cookie • Tramplingrose • Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen • Zesty South Indian Kitchen
I’m looking forward to seeing all of the yummy recipes posted on these blogs. Check them out throughout the week and don’t forget to follow our sponsors and bloggers using the Rafflecopter giveaway widget above for your chance to win our sweet prize pack.
Are you a fellow food blogger who wants to get involved with events like #Choctoberfest? Sign up here to get notifications when they happen from The PinterTest Kitchen.