For my regular readers you know about my Friday Five. For all the time I have showcased other blogger recipes, I have to admit that I have not often tried the recipes. Not because I did not want to but my logistics are that I plan my Sunday of cooking before I put together my Friday Five. I, then, have to many ideas I still want to try that I do not remember to back and look at these wonderful offerings. But this recipe is one that I did remember to use. The Naan Caprese from Oh My Veggies. I personally think this looks impressive but is really easy to put together.
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 3 naan
- 1 – 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 – 8 cherry tomatoes, red and yellow halved
- 6 – 8 small fresh mozzarella balls halved
- 5 leaves of fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- salt + pepper to taste
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until syrupy. I found it took longer than the recipe said so be patient – 10 – 15 minutes. You will end with about a tbsp.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Pour in the olive oil. Add the naan. Cook on each side until just beginning to char, about 2-3 minutes. Repeat with each piece of naan.
- Top each naan with tomatoes, cheese, and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Cut into wedges and serve. Enjoy!