Does anyone know who Mrs. Foster is? Until recently, we thought these Mrs. Foster’s Brownies were the recipe of one of my mom’s friends. Because? Her name is Mrs. Foster. So we always assumed that we got this recipe from Mrs. Foster through my mom. Bottom line, you will never want another brownie recipe again.
You just can’t make a mistake with this recipe. They are so chocolaty. The biggest problem is they are so gooey. But that is not a problem in my house. I love my desserts directly out of the freezer which makes the consistency of this dessert amazing. These Mrs. Foster’s Brownies go beyond decadent. I am not sure why but they are just so chocolaty. I added to the recipe by adding chunks of our leftover chocolate turkey from Thanksgiving. It was like finding a treat inside the brownies.
I am writing this post while my daughter is on the speaker phone talking to my wife and me. My wife does not want me to share the recipe with you. My daughter wants me to change the name to her since she has made this recipe for her friends and they love it. Meaning, she does not want me to give away the secret and let everyone know that Mrs. Foster’s Brownies is not her recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoo salt
- 8 large eggs
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 lb unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (in my case chunks of Thanksgiving chocolate turkey)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 17x12x1" baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream together eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add flour mixture in batches. Combine but do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into your baking dish.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes. You want brownies firm to the touch on the outside. They will be soft in the middle.
- Cool 30 - 40 minutes before cutting. They will be very gooey.
- Serve and enjoy!
Dry Ingredients Mixed.
Eggs & Sugar.
Batter in Baking Dish.