I have started watching the Sandwich King on the Cooking Channel. I love to make sandwiches, especially grilled ones and he brings some classics to the table. I don’t eat pork, so I made mine with corned beef instead of ham.
- For the french toast, I used whole wheat challah I had made. I dropped the bread in a mixture with 1 egg and 1/4 cup of fat free 1/2 & 1/2.
- I heated my electric grill to 350 degrees and put the bread on for maybe 3 minutes per side (don’t make the bread to wet with the mixture and cook until nice and brown)
- With my french toast complete, I spread 1 tsp or so of sweet & spicy mustard, then added 1 piece of shaved turkey and 1 piece of corned beef. The sandwich was finished with 2 slices of monterey jack cheese
- To finish the sandwich, return it to the grill but turned down to 200 degrees and cover the sandwiches with a pot top so the cheese gets a nice melt on it
- Plate it but you are not done until you pour a little syrup over top of the sandwich.