I also try to use Sunday night to make a meal or two to carry into the week to make life easier for my wife and me. I had doubled the enchilada sauce for the dishes I was making for Sunday night dinner. This is a totally made up dish putting things together that you know will work.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in pan over medium heat
- Drop in 1 lb of ground chicken and cook until browned
- Add 1/2 chopped onion, 1 tbsp each ancho chili powder and paprika, 1 tsp each salt and pepper and cook on low heat for 5 minutes
- Take a 9×13″ pyrex dish and begin layer. Spread enchilada sauce along bottom of pan. Make 1 layer of 6′ tortillas; 1/2 of the meat mixture and cover with 1/2 cup of Mexican cheese. Make a second layer of tortillas and cover with the rest of the meat and another 1/2 cup of cheese. Finish with another layer of tortillas and top with a generous handful of cheese and a 7 oz can of green chilis.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 – 30 minutes and serve.