Needed an appetizer for my Cinco de Mayo dinner. I love merging cultures in food. Chinese into Mexican.
Mexican Egg Roll
- Take the easy way out and use pre-made wrappers
- Beat one egg and take the wrappers laid flat on a work surface and wash the corners
- Fill with a hand full of Pepperjack cheese and top with one spoonful of drained green chilis
- Roll taking the long end (far side) over the filling about 3/4 of the way to the opposite end (towards you); fold inward the 2 sides and finish by rolling the folded side toward you until it rolls over the corner closest to you
- In a deep fryer heated to 355 degrees, drop in egg rolls making sure they do not touch
- Cook about 2 minutes and then flip over and cook another 2 minutes; take out and let sit for a minute and enjoy