#ad This post for Marsala Mushroom Cheeseburgers is the first post in a series of burger posts promoting Omaha Steaks gourmet burgers. All opinions expressed here our my own. We all know from the name about their awesome steaks but they have expanded their offerings so much more than just steaks we all know. I can honestly say that I did not all that much about there burgers until they reached out to me. My challenge – come up with recipe ideas that accentuate the burger. I love this challenge. I have been thinking up ideas 24/7.
The first burger is created using Omaha Steaks Angus Burger. Starting with a higher quality meat deserves a more upscale pairing. I love mushrooms and mushrooms go well with steak. So how about I take the mushrooms up one more level and make marsala mushrooms? As if that would be enough, why not also use 2 different type of cheeses and add a challah roll for a bun. The final result is a combination that I absolutely loved eating. I know. You are the one who has to decide. But as all chefs and home cooks know there are only a few times every so often that we create a recipe where we say “OMG”.
This was one of those times. A good recipe starts with good ingredients. Obviously, and I am not just saying this, the burger had great flavor. I only added a little salt and pepper. The pairing with the mushrooms and 2 cheeses took this cheeseburger over the top. This Marsala Mushroom Cheeseburger belongs on your table, and I am so bold to suggest, that this recipe could be on plenty of restaurant menus. You try it and tell me.
- 2 Omaha Angus Steak Burgers
- Season with salt and pepper
- 1 - 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 8 - 10 slices Fontina cheese
- 8 - 10 slices Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 Challah Buns
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cup shallots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil to heavy hot saucepan. Add shallots, garlic, mushrooms, saute until mushrooms are tender.
- Add flour and cook about 1 minute then deglaze pan with Marsala wine.
- Add vegetable stock and cook until thick and flavors are blended.
- Turn heat to low while the burger is cooked.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium high heat. Season the Omaha angus burgers with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add the burgers to the skillet. Cook 4 minutes on the first side. (You will know the burger is ready to flip when the skillet side down shrinks.)
- After flipping the burger, cook for 2 minutes. Then, add 4 slices of the cheddar cheese and cover the pan with a top to get a really good melt.
- Meanwhile, place the buns with the bottom bun covered with 4 slices of the Fontina cheese in a 325 degree oven.
- Cook for 2 minutes to brown the bun and melt the cheese.
- Assemble the sandwich by taking the Omaha angus steak burger on the Fontina cheese bun and smother the burger with as much of the marsala mushrooms as you dare.
- Serve and enjoy!
Flour Mixed In.
Marsala and Stock Added.
Marsala and Stock Absorbed.
Omaha Angus Burger in Skillet.
Serve and enjoy!