I recently posted my Indian Turkey Burger recipe. These Indian Spiced fries are a natural compliment to the burger. Again, this is such a cool play on the iconic American burger and fries. In this case, I still made the burger and fries but I created them with Indian flare.
I love to make my fires into wedges. My wife, on the other hand, loves a traditional French fry. I like wedges because they are cooked with a crispy exterior and a tender center. The cooking method is in the oven so the fries are also a lot healthier than frying them. By baking them on a high temperature, one can still achieve the crispness that makes the fry so good.
I love a crisp fry. Whenever, I go out, I order them extra crispy. This request is my only special request I ever make when I go out for dinner. My kids have learned to do the same thing. When we are out for dinner together, if we happen to forget to ask for our fries well done, we can count on one of us telling the server to cook the fires extra crispy. Do you like your fries crispy?
- 2 large russet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon madras curry powder
- 1 table turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a bowl, mix the oil and spices.
- Take the wedges and toss in the oil and spice mixture.
- Place the wedges on a baking tray and place in a 400 degree oven.
- Cook for 45 minutes turning half way through the cooking process.
- Serve and enjoy!