Are there times when you want a dessert that everyone will enjoy, don’t have a lot of time but want to make something from scratch? Then, these Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies are your answer. Baking cookies is really so easy. Cookies really do not have too many ingredients. Mix the ingredients in your stand mixer, add chips and bake. You can really create the cookies pretty darn quickly. Now, elevate the cookie and the fun by making it into a sandwich cookie and everyone will be smiling.
This may be one of the biggest crowd favorites I have created and posted. Who doesn’t like Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies? Kids and adults alike love sandwich cookies. These cookies I made were jumbo. Hence, these Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies are big. They were so big, that we cut them in half to eat them. The fun thing about putting these sandwiches together was to use different ice creams. I made both a chocolate chip cookie and a double chocolate chip cookie.
The key to all good recipes is to have each component be good by itself. These cookies were just that. There texture was firm yet still maintained the softness you want from a cookie. Each cookie was great on its own. I managed to set some of the cookies aside and did not use them all for the ice cream sandwich cookies. No one needs to know that.
What is your favorite childhood memory for a dessert? We may all have a lot of different memories including my mom’s brownies and chocolate sheet cake but I think every kid would reach for an ice cream sandwich if offered. So now you have a good recipe to bring back that childhood memory.
- 2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cup white sugar
- 2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pint each vanilla and mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Divide each of the above ingredients in half (except the cocoa powder).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour and chocolate chips.
- (for the chocolate chocolate chip cookies) Take the second half of the above ingredients and add the cocoa powder to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Follow the above steps again.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased baking pans.
- Bake for about 10 - 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer 30 minutes before assembling the sandwiches.
- Use a combination of the cookies and a combination of the ice cream to make the sandwiches.
- Add about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of ice cream for each sandwich cookie.
- Place back in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
The batter and chips for both cookies.
The final ice cream sandwich cookies.