My ode to St. Patrick’s day but done with smoked corn beef. I also use a homemade New York style rye bread. Nothing makes a sandwich like homemade bread.
Grilled Smoked Corn Beef and Jarlsberg Sandwich:
- Smoke corn beef for 4 hours and cook inside for another 5 – 6 hours (you want to get to an internal temperature of +/- 180 degrees)
- Let cool and slice and begin sandwich preparation and warm a grill to 350 degrees
- Slice rye bread (see New York style rye for bread recipe) and butter outside with softened butter
- Generously apply sweet and spicy mustard to one side of bread and then add the smoked corn beef, 5 -6 slices of jarlsberg cheese, cover and place on grill
- Grill on each side for 4 – 5 minutes, cut in half and serve