The Greek posts continue. Greek food is so flavorful, yet easy to make. This recipe for Greek Chicken Kabobs has so much flavor and 7 ingredients for the marinade – 4 of those ingredients are the spices. So this is an easy recipe to put together. But just because this dish was easy to assemble, does not mean it was not tasty. The best thing about this marinade was the beautiful char it created when cooked on the outdoor grill.
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 cup extra-virgin Greek olive oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 each red, green & yellow pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 package each of red and yellow cherub tomatoes
Whisk yogurt, cup oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper, in large bowl
and transfer to a marinading vessel. Cut chicken into chunks to prepare for the kabobs. Put the chicken into the marinade and leave in fridge overnight.
Remove chicken from yogurt marinade. Before making the skewers, soak the skewers in water for at least an hour. Thread each skewer alternating between the chicken, peppers and onions. Finish the skewer with one of the tomatoes on the end.
Grill over medium heat until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink, turning every few minutes, about 15 minutes total.
Let rest for 3 – 5 minutes after grilling.
Serve and enjoy!