To say I have made a few recipes and have to catch up with my posts is an understatement. This Greek 7 Layer Dip is from one the appetizers I brought to our friend’s house for the Superbowl game 3 weeks ago. Time notwithstanding, this is a great spin on the Mexican 7 layer dip we all know. This Greek version adds tzatziki and black olives to give it the traditional Mediterranean flare.
It is quite simple to prepare and has a lot of color. It would be a great appetizer to make if you did not have a lot of time and still wanted to have an attractive looking dish. The one ingredient that does take time to make is the tzatziki. Whenever making tzatziki, the first step is to take the diced cucumbers and let them drain in a colander with some Kosher salt. This step takes a good hour. Otherwise, assembling this dish does not even take 5 minutes. It would take a little more time if you made your own hummus but I used store bought hummus.
- 10 - 12 ounces of hummus
- 6 - 8 ounces of red pepper hummus
- 1 cucumber
- 1 quart fat free Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- salt & pepper to taste
- big handful of red and yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 of a jar of artichoke hearts
- 1/4 of a can of black olives, halved
- 2 - 3 ounces of crumbled feta
- Begin by making a circular layer with the regular hummus.
- Next, add a layer of the red pepper hummus covering 80% of the hummus.
- Take your tzatziki and cover about 80% of the hummus (you will have leftovers)
- Distribute the artichokes evenly over the tzatziki.
- Next, spread the tomatoes evenly over the tzatziki and artichokes.
- Now, it is time to add the olives.
- Finish, by sprinkling the feta over the whole dish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tzatziki Added (recipe).
Artichoke Hearts Added.
Greek 7 Layer Dip Plated.
Greek 7 Layer Dip
- 12 Ounces Hummus
- 6 Ounces Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 Whole Cucumber diced
- 1 Quart Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 6 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Dill
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Ounces Red and Yellow Grape Tomatoes
- 3 Ounces Artichoke Hearts
- 3 Ounces Black Olives
- 3 Ounces Crumbled Feta Cheese
Begin by making a circular layer with the regular hummus.
Next, add a layer of the red pepper hummus covering 80% of the hummus.
Take your tzatziki and cover about 80% of the hummus (you will have leftovers)
Distribute the artichokes evenly over the tzatziki.
Next, spread the tomatoes evenly over the tzatziki and artichokes.
Now, it is time to add the olives.
Finish, by sprinkling the feta over the whole dish.
Serve and enjoy!