I still had some candied ginger that I had not finished and have been holding onto this recipe. I have really learned to like pumpkin. Top with a cream cheese frosting and you have a sweet and savory dessert.
Ginger Pumpkin Cupcakes:
- Whisk together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, one 3.4 oz package instant butterscotch pudding mix, 2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt,1 tbsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp each ground ginger & ground allspice, 1/4 ground cloves and 6 pieces of finely chopped candied ginger
- In a mixer, combine 1 stick of room temperature butter, 1 cup of white sugar, 1 cup of packed brown sugar 4 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla extract and one 15 oz can of pumpkin puree (add the eggs in one at a time)
- Pour the flour mixture in slowly and combine completely
- Pour into your lined cupcake tins and cook for 16 – 18 minutes; let cool
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a mixing bowl, 6 tbsp room temperature butter, 8 oz softened cream cheese, 3 cups of confectioner sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, dash of lemon juice and mix until thickens
Frost the cupcakes and dig in.