Garlic Cheese Spaghetti
Some recipes can be really simple and really good. Some recipes also take advantage of ingredients or parts of other recipes. This garlic cheese spaghetti takes both of these facets into play. The garlic part of this recipe was a piece I was creating for some garlic cheese bread I made.
I should point out that this recipe came from leftovers. The spaghetti and the garlic were in my fridge when I got home on a Monday night. I has used each ingredient the night before. I like to make sure I don’t waste foods in my fridge. I also knew my wife would love this simple but flavorful dish.
I had roasted a whole garlic in the oven drizzled with a little bit of olive oil. Then, I finished the garlic in a skillet with a little more olive oil and some grated Parmesan. I reheated the spaghetti in the garlic olive oil mixture which softened the pasta and added some flavor. The dish is finished off with a topping of some shredded mozzarella and a sprinkling of Parmesan baked in the oven to get the great browning of the cheese.
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 1 Head of Garlic
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated and divided
- 1/4 cup of mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the whole head of garlic in tin foil and drizzle with olive oil. Close up the tin foil.
- Cook the garlic for an hour. Let cool a little.
- Cut the top of the head of garlic horizontally.
- Squeeze out the softened garlic.
- Add to skillet with 1 tablespoon of the oil and 2 teaspoons of Parmesan.
- Cook for 1 minute and mix thoroughly.
- Take the leftover spaghetti (Follow pasta box instructions in the original cooking) and drop in the garlic Parmesan olive oil. Mix well and heat through - 1 - 2 minutes.
- Top with grated Parmesan and then more oil.
- Put the shredded mozzarella in the center of the pasta. Spread out a little.
- Place on the top rack in a 325 degree oven and bake until the cheese melts and browns about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
After the noodles have soaked up the garlic Parmesan oil, it is topped with more grated Parmesan.
Then the Parmesan is topped with a little more olive oil.
The dish is completed by adding shredded mozzarella and baking until golden brown.