Again, as I sit here watching The Bachelor (that’s right I am watching The Bachelor) and catching up on a Superbowl recipe. Yes, I believe the Superbowl was a month ago. The result of the game still has not changed. How could Pete Carrol not hand the ball off to Marshawn Lynch? What does the game have to do with Flank Steak Sliders? Nothing!
Except for serving this recipe during the game. These sliders came out somewhere during halftime while the game was very much undecided and even leaning towards Seattle. These sliders will make you forget about the score of the game especially if you do not like the direction of the game.
The sandwich has depth with each ingredient. The caramelized onions add sweetness. The flank steak was marinated and then slow cooked. The rolls were King’s Hawaiian Rolls which add another layer of texture and sweetness. The cheese was a easy melting brie cheese without its rind. Put it all together and you have a fun, great tasting sandwich.
- 3 - 4 pound flank steak
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons grape seed aisle
- 4 - 6 ounces brie cheese
- 2 - 3 yellow onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 King's Hawaiian Rolls
- Take the first six ingredients and combine in a marinade dish. Let marinade overnight.
- Heat a skillet or enamel pot on medium high heat. Add the oil and let get good and hot.
- Sear the steak on both sides for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Put in a 300 degree oven for 4 plus hours. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet on medium high heat. Add the oil and butter and warm.
- Drop in the onions. Stir frequently and cook for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Once the onions are caramelized, remove from heat and set aside.
- Assemble sandwich by slicing the roll open. Place a couple of slices of the cheese on the roll.
- Add a decent size of flank steak and top with a good amount of the onions.
- Place in a 275 degree oven and cook for 5 minutes or so. You just want a good melt on the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cheese Added to Sandwich.