This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertisers. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #collectiveBias.
There are only a few food ideas that say football and tailgating. One is wings and the other is smoked meats. I created a truly unforgettable smoked idea (if I do say so myself). My wife and I absolutely loved this recipe. We had a friend over and lets just say that he and I had two full servings. The flavor and the steps for putting together this El Yucateco Smoked Meatloaf are takeaways that I will absolutely use again. The smoked meatloaf was spicy, sweet and had great smoked flavor. It will be a winner at your tailgate party. Put the meatloaf on a sandwich with the leftovers.
I used the red El Yucateco sauce which includes habaneros and that makes for a really good kick. I mellowed the heat a little by adding ketchup and tomato juice my sauce mixture. What was so cool about this sauce combination was that the initial taste of the smoked meatloaf started off sweet, and then, a little surprised kick at the end came back and bit you. I love the look on my wife’s face when she does not know the kick is coming. She always reacts with “that is spicy” and finishes with, I love the kick.
I stopped by my local Walmart store to find my sauce. They have a number of flavors but I just love the red sauce. The green is good too and I have used that as a compliment to my enchiladas. I found the sauce in aisle 12.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 carrots, rough chop
- 2 pieces celery, rough chop
- 2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon El Yucateco Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups veal stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat the oil on medium high heat.
- Sweat the onions, celery and carrots for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix.
- Add the hot sauce, ketchup and tomato juice and cook for two minutes mixing the ingredients thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a big bowl, combine the ground turkey and chicken and the cool Mirepoix sauce.
- Form into a loaf and place on 2 sheets of tin foil.
- Get your smoker prepared.
- Place the meatloaf on the foil in your smoker.
- Cook for 3 - 3 1/2 hours at 250 - 275 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pot, add the veal stock and 1 teaspoon of the El Yucateco Red Hot Sauce.
- Reduce to one cup.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, slice the meatloaf and pour on as much gravy as you like.
- Serve and enjoy!
The vegetables in the sauté pan, then the El Yucateco sauce added and the ketchup and tomato juice added.
Sauce added to meat, the loaf formed and the finished smoked meatloaf.
Veal Gravy ingredients.
Final plated dish.
If you are looking for a dynamite recipe to share with friends this football season, take advantage of this El Yucateco Smoked Meatloaf recipe and kick up the experience with this spicy sauce!