Ultimately, when we cook, we cook for our own tastes. I love the mixture of chocolate and raspberry. I expanded on these flavors with blueberries and strawberries for this recipe.
Chocolate Brownie Torte:
- Set oven to 350 degrees and line the bottom of a 16 1/2 x 11 1/2 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper and spray with vegetable spray
- In a bowl, mix 1 18.75 oz package Ghirardelli chocolate supreme brownie mix with 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, 1/4 cup water and 3 large eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Place in the pan with parchment paper and smooth; bake for 15 minutes or so
- Place on a wire rack and let cool a little
- Spread one jar, 10 oz, of red raspberry jelly or jam and 5 oz of blueberry fruit jelly across the whole brownie
Chocolate Cream Filling:
- In a mixing bowl, place 2 cups of heavy cream, 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and 2 tbsp confectioners sugar. Before you mix, place beaters in the fridge for at least 15 minutes; Mix on high speed for 2 – 3 minutes until stiff peaks are formed.
- Cover bowl and chill until it’s time to assemble.
- Melt 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 4 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp light corn syrup in a microwave dish and cook for 1 -1 1.2 minutes and mix
- Cut the brownie into 4 equal crosswise pieces cutting through the wax paper
- Place 1 piece on a serving platter. Take the chocolate cream out of the fridge and spread 1/3 of the cream across the 1st layer
- Place 2nd piece of brownie on top and layer again with 1/3 of the chocolate cream
- Place 3rd piece of brownie on top and layer with the final 1/3 of the chocolate cream and 3 strawberries cut into slices
- Top with final brownie layer
- Final step is to add the chocolate glaze covering the top fully and letting it drip a little down the sides