Not feeling well? What is better than chicken noodle soup? Well, I wasn’t feeling well. So I made this to pick me up. I am coming back to this post a few hours after eating my chicken soup and guess what? I am starting to feel better. Did you need proof?
What is so comforting about chicken noodle soup is that it is full of all the ingredients you like. The sweetness of the onions; the buttery noodles; the crunch of the carrots and celery, and of course, the heartiness of the chicken. Put it all together and you have a complete meal that is good anytime.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, rough chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and rough chopped
- 32 oz of Chicken Broth
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tbsp poutlry seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp adobo seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 a bag fine egg noodles
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of water
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with the poultry and adobo seasonings. Pour in chicken broth and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!