As you have heard on this blog before, I like taken advantage of food that I have opened and not finished. I had some chicken tenders and blue cheese leftover from the Buffalo Chicken Pizzas the other night. Got home from work and had this on the table in a little more than 30 minutes.
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce:
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in sauce pan
- Once butter is melted, stir in 1 tbsp of all purpose flour. Mix well and cook for 1 minute
- Pour in slowly 1 cup of skim milk 1/2 cup at a time and stir well.
- After about 2 minutes add in the crumbled blue cheese. The amount depends on how thick you like your sauce. I used 6 oz
- When I got up in the morning, I put the chicken fingers into a mixture of 1 cup of skim milk and good number of shakes of Tabasco sauce – 8 – 10.
- First set up your dredging station to include one bowl with 1/2 cup of flour, a second bowl with 2 eggs beaten and the final bowl filled with 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- Take the chicken pieces and first put in the flour. Shake off any excess flour and the put in the eggs covering completely and again let drip before putting into the breadcrumbs. Once again shake off any excess breadcrumbs
- Heat your deep fryer to 350 – 355 degrees. Take the individual pieces you have dredge and put them into the frying tray – do not over crowd. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes
- Drain on a paper towel and complete the frying process for all the chicken pieces
- Finish by cooking for another 6 – 8 minutes in a 300 degree over and serve