This recipe was made for Andi’s birthday. She said she likes anything chocolate, as does my family. I love mixing raspberry with chocolate so we (my daughter and I) added raspberry syrup to the frosting.
Cappuccino Chip Cupcakes with Raspberry Mocha Buttercream Frosting:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with 24 liners
- Heat 4 tsp of coffee granules with 1/3 cup of water in microwave for about 45 seconds – stir until fully dissolved
- Place one 18.25 oz package of plain yellow cake mix in a mixer and add one 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding mix, 3/4 cup of fat free half and half, 3/4 cup of vegetable oil, 4 large eggs and add the coffee and mix for 30 seconds. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides and mix for 2 more minutes until the batter thickens up. Fold in 1 cup of miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Scoop batter using a 1/3 measuring cup into the cupcake liners and place in the oven for 18 – 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- For the buttercream frosting, start by taking 1/4 cup of fat free half and half and 1 heaping tsp of coffee granules and heat for 30 plus seconds until fully dissolved; set aside to cool
- Take 1 stick of room temperature butter in a mixing bowl add the coffee and 2 oz of grated griradheli dark chocolate and blend for 30 seconds
- Add 3 1/2 cups of confectioner sugar slowly while mixing on low speed until incorporated. Then, turn mixer to medium and beat until frosting becomes light and fluffy. Finish by adding about 2 tbsp of raspberry syrup
- With the cupcakes cooled, spread the frosting generously on the cakes and enjoy!