Meatballs are one of those dishes that I previously didn’t think too much of. Now that I have worked with them and created some really good flavors, I have changed my mind. I think the issue was that the recipes I tried at first were just too basic. When you add good fresh ingredients including herbs, spices and cheeses, you transform the meatballs into something special.
This recipe for Cajun meatballs is tasty and when the Creole BBQ sauce is added, you have a great combination of sweet and spicy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix thoroughly the ground chicken, hot pepper sauce, Cajun seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, onion, bread crumbs, milk, and egg.
- Form the mixture into golf ball sized meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until there is no pink left in the middle.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce.
- When meatballs are done, place in a serving dish and cover with the barbecue sauce mixture. Toss to coat.