There is just something so comforting about soup. I am partial to soups that are creamy – it just warms up the whole body. The couple twists I added to this recipe included using a yellow onion that I smoked on the smoker and chicken broth that I created from a smoked chicken.
Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Curry Soup:
- In a stockpot, combine 1 head cauliflower, 1 head of broccoli, 1 smoked yellow onion and bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer
- When vegetables soften, puree vegetables with an immersion blender or use a cuisinart
- Add spices including 1 tsp each of curry powder, salt and pepper with 1 chicken bouillon cube and continue simmering for 10 minutes
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 cup all purpose flour with 3/4 cup of lite cream and 1/4 cup of lite buttermilk. Mix completely making sure there are no lumps
- Add to stockpot to thicken soup. Mix well
- Add 2 cups of cheddar cheese and cook until fully melted and serve