We had a friend in from out of town and bought tickets to see the Bodeans at Ravinia. If you are familiar with Ravinia, there is very few things in life more fun than sitting on the lawn, listening to good music and having a picnic. This salmon recipe combined with curry mayo and a crusty bread is a keeper.
Blackened Salmon Sandwich:
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp each cayenne pepper and onion powder, 2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp each white pepper and black pepper, 1/4 tsp each thyme, basil and oregano
- Melt 1 stick of butter and pour over 1/3 of the butter over the salmon and take half the rub and massage into the salmon; flip the salmon and add another 1/3 of the butter and the remaining rub and massage in
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat and add 1/2 the remaining butter and the salmon; cook for 4 minutes
- Add the remaining butter and flip and cook for 4 more minutes
- Take 1/2 cup of mayonnaise and 4 tbsp curry powder and mix well
- Take a french country bread and place on a “George Foreman” grill and add weight on top of grill to flatten bread – cook for 5 minutes
Assemble sandwich by spreading the curry mayo on the bread, then add a piece of red leaf lettuce and top with the salmon..